Pando is a free P2P file sharing software that makes downloading, streaming and sharing large media files fast, easy and fun. Need to email large attachments, IM a folder, or publish your downloadable videos to the Web. It provides secure and highly scalable content delivery solutions that improve the performance and reduce the cost of delivering large media files online. It’s mainly aimed at sending files using both peer-to-peer and client–server architectures that would normally be too large to send via more conventional means.
Its common features are:
- Server-assisted delivery provides increased file availability and delivery speeds (subscribers receive faster server-assisted speeds)
- 7 day file retention on Pando’s servers (14 days with subscription)
- Statistics about number and time of downloads are provided to the sender.
- Fully-supported client software for both Windows and Mac OS X.
- Download-only “Beta” software for Linux.
- An assortment of software to add on to popular web browsers, instant messaging or e-mail clients
- Unlimited number of uploads.
- 1 GB maximum file size (3 GB with subscription)