Comical is a Comic Book reader. Archive file,
It is a type of archive file for the purpose of sequential viewing of images. Its a free, cross-platform, open-source CBR and CBZ reader. You can read your favorite scanned comic books and graphic novels with Comical’s easy GUI.
It mainly consist of a series of image files, typically PNG or JPEG files, stored as a single archive file. Comic Book Archive viewers typically offer various dedicated functions to read the content, like one page forward/backwards, go to first/last page, zoom or print. Some applications support additional tag information in the form of embedded XML files in the archive or use of the Zip comment to store additional information. These files can include additional information like artists or story information.
- Single-Page or Double-Page display modes.
- Several zoom modes – Fit, Fit-to-Width, Fit-to-Height, Original, and Custom.
- Crisp image scaling with algorithms adapted from FreeImage 3.
- Autodetects double pages scanned together and displays it accordingly.
- Page rotation.
- Full-Screen mode.
- Left-to-Right or Right-to-Left browsing.
- Displays JPG, GIF, and PNG images.
- Supports RAR(.cbr) and ZIP(.cbz) comic book archives
- Supports all encrypted RAR archives as well as ZIP archives with pkzip 2.04g encryption.