Irrlicht Engine is a cross-platform high performance realtime 3D engine written in C++. It features a powerful high level API for creating complete 3D and 2D applications such as games or scientific visualizations. It comes with an excellent documentation and integrates all state-of-the-art features for visual representation such as dynamic shadows, particle systems, character animation, indoor and outdoor technology, and collision detection.
- [advt]High performance realtime 3D rendering using Direct3D and OpenGL
- Huge built-in and extensible material library with vertex, pixel, and geometry shader support · Seamless indoor and outdoor mixing through highly customizeable scene management.
- Character animation system with skeletal and morph target animation.
- Particle effects, billboards, light maps, environment mapping, stencil buffer shadows, and lots of other special effects.
- Powerful, customizeable, and easy to use 2D GUI System with Buttons, Lists, Edit boxes, …
- 2D drawing functions like alpha blending, color key based blitting, font drawing, and mixing 3D with 2D graphics.