IRCTC has tied up with ngpay to let you buy Indian Railways tickets from your mobile phone. Just download ngpay for FREE on your handset and enjoy the convenience of booking your rail rickets – anytime, anywhere. ngpay is India’s largest mall on mobile where you can book all travel tickets, movie tickets, send gifts or do your shopping – easily and securely – from your handset.
Services offered by IRCTC on ngpay
On ngpay the following IRCTC Partner Services are available:
- Reservation of Tickets
- Check PNR Status
- File for TDR[advt]
- Email eTicket
- Check Booking History
- Ticket Refund Details
- Train Route
What All Needed to use ngpay?
- A MOBILE HANDSET: ngpay works on just about any mobile phone, from basic models to high-end ones. In fact, ngpay works well on most phones that are priced over Rs. 2000. And, across all mobile networks too.
- GPRS CONNECTION: GPRS is nothing but a medium to access internet on the mobile phone. To get GPRS, call your mobile service provider and get it activated. Most operators offer pay-per-use plans with no monthly rentals. You only pay for what you use. In fact, you can complete a transaction by spending, at most, a few paise in data charges. To know more about GPRS, speak to your mobile operator.
- NGPAY APPLICATION: ngpay comes pre-loaded in a lot of phones. If you don’t have it already, you can download it for absolutely free. SMS ngpay to 56767 or visit www.ngpay.com from your mobile browser. You will receive an SMS with a link. Select the link and follow the instructions to download and install ngpay. If you face any trouble, just call us on 1800-2-666-555.
Transacting on ngpay is as safe as an ATM transaction. ngpay provides 128-bit end-to-end financial grade security. It has been independently certified for financial transactions by leading security firms and financial institutions. Every time you have to make a payment for a transaction, you will need to enter your unique 6-digit PIN. This PIN number is NOT stored on your handset, so hacking your stolen phone will not put you at any risk. ngpay respects your privacy. ngpay do not store your card / bank information on our servers; neither do we share your personal information with any third party.
Steps to Book Train Ticket using ngpay
Open ngpay on your mobile phone. Depending on your phone model, you may find ngpay in the Applications or Games folder.
- Select Stores++
- Select IRCTC from Stores++
- Select Reservation
- Enter journey details
- Enter travel requirements
- Select option to pay for the tickets
- Your tickets are booked
On successful completion of payment and ticket booking, a Confirmation Number (PNR) will be provided to you (passenger) as proof of booking. For any further clarifications, please contact ngpay 24×7 Toll Free number 1800 2666 555 or mail at [email protected]
A maximum of six berths/seats can be booked at a time, for a specified journey between any two stations served by the train, subject to distance restrictions in force. An individual user can book a maximum of ten tickets (PNR) in a calendar month. Booking can be done against General (GN), Ladies (LD) and Tatkal (CK) quota berths/seats only.
After successful booking and payment, ngpay will mail the eTicket to the email ID provided at the time of booking within a few minutes. Passenger(s) needs to carry a print out of this eTicket with travelling along with a valid ID proof.
For e-Tickets booked on ngpay, cancellation facility is provided by ngpay.[source]