Blocking someone in Google Talk
If you need to block another Google Talk user, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the person’s name, and select ‘Remove Name…’
- Check the box next to ‘Block this person’ in the dialogue box that appears, and click ‘OK.’
Blocking someone will prevent him or her from talking to you, and vice-versa. Blocked users can’t see when you’re signed in to Google Talk, and you won’t see their status in your Friends list, either. If you decide you’d like to communicate with someone you’ve blocked, just unblock them.
Here’s how to unblock someone:
- Click ‘Settings’ at the top of your Friends list.
- Highlight ‘Blocked’ along the left side of the dialogue box.
- Find the person you’d like to unblock, and highlight his or her email address.
- Click ‘Unblock,’ and then click ‘OK.’
Once you unblock someone, you can start talking again as long as the person hasn’t blocked you, too.[source]