Toucan is a portable app for advanced users that help you automatically synchronize data between two folders, create backups or restore them as well as encrypt all the files on a drive. Toucan is a simple tool with which you can synchronize contents between your hard drive and a portable memory device.
Sync option providing the user with different functions for the operation. After setting the source and destination folder for the synchronization, users can opt for simple copying method or choose to update a destination with the newest files in the source, benefit from mirror copying/updating or just equalize the two folders.
- Five synchronisation modes, Copy, Mirror, Equalise, Move and Clean. These can be combined with a variety of file checks such as File Size, Modified Time and a File Header Check to minimise the amount of copying needed.
- Backup and restore in industry standard Zip, 7-Zip and GZip files, with support for complete backups, updating existing backups and differential backups, as well as restoring files from an archive. Automatic testing of created archives is also supported as is password protection.
- AES-256 encryption using ccrypt.
- A complete command line system allowing you to create new jobs and run existing ones from the command prompt or a batch file.
- A Rules system that allows you to easily exclude files based on their name, a regular expression, their modified date or file size.
- An advanced scripting system using the Lua programming language that allows complex scripts to be created, anything from a backup script that automatically uploads new backups to a script that synchronizes your files to a USB drive and then encrypts the sensitive files in case of loss.
- A large collect of in built Variables for basic functions such as the date and time or more complex variables that point to the drives label or documents directory. You can also define your own as short cuts to paths on your USB drive or your PC.
- Support for the new Windows 7 taskbar, full drag and drop support and translations to many languages.
Be the first to comment