Apple launched its new operating system for Mac computers, OS X Mountain Lion. The OS X Mountain Lion is the ninth major release of OS X. It gains features from iOS, such as Notes and Reminders as applications separate from Mail and Calendar. OS X Mountain Lion will also replace iChat with Messages, which includes support for iMessage, allowing users to send unlimited messages to other Macs (running Mountain Lion or later, or running the beta version of Messages for Mac OS X Lion), iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches (running iOS 5 or later). It will also include the latest version of the Safari web browser, Safari 6. [advt]
OS X Mountain Lion will be available from the Mac App Store for $19.99 (US). Mountain Lion requires Lion or Snow Leopard (OS X v10.6.8 or later), 2GB of memory and 8GB of available space.
OS X Mountain LionFeatures:
- Ability to go full screen on any display.
- App updates automatically install from the Mac App Store.
- Improved scroll bars.
- System-wide dictation
- Twitter and Facebook integration
- New screensavers
- Chess.app supports Game Center
- Documents can be renamed from the title bar.
- Automatic synchronization of documents in iWork with iCloud
- AirPlay Mirroring