Twitter introduced a new feature which helps you to share your pictures through SMS. Twitter users can share photos on Twitter by including a photo in your text message. This new feature is initially introduced in a limited number of countries.
To share photos in twitter using SMS/Text Message, you just enter the text of your Tweet as you normally would, attach a photo to the message and send to Twitter.
This feature is currently available with the following carriers:
- AT&T, Verizon Wireless and Cellular South in the US
- Vodafone, O2 and Orange in the UK
- [advt]Vodafone Italy
- Rogers Communications in Canada
- VIVA Bahrain
- TIM Brazil
Twitter assures that they will continue to work with more carriers to enable their customers to share photos via text message.
SMS is currently available in about 80 countries and nine languages and usage continues to grow. Nearly four billion SMS messages are sent and received on Twitter every month.
Here are a few other text messaging updates and tips to check out:
- Fast Follow: Last year twitter announced that anyone in the U.S. can instantly receive Tweets on their phone, even if they don’t have a Twitter account, by simply sending a text message. This feature is now available globally with any carrier that offers Twitter SMS.
- SMS Commands: There are a few useful one-word commands that you can send to Twitter to get information.
- “Suggest”: lets you get suggestions for accounts to follow
- “Stats”: sends you your basic profile info, including your bio info, number of followers and the number of accounts you follow
- “Help” or “Tips”: to get handy Twitter SMS tips