Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) introduced ‘Gifting of talk time‘ to GSM Prepaid subscribers of Karnataka BSNL within the same circle. Through this offer, BSNL prepaid subscribers of Karnataka region can transfer talk time from his prepaid amount to another prepaid subscriber of BSNL within the same circle in multiple of Rs.10/- [from Rs 10/- to Rs.200/-]. To register “gifting of talk time”, subscriber has to send an SMS “REGISTER PTOP” to 54455.
Procedure for Gifting of Talktime
- Gifting of talk time means a prepaid subscriber can transfer some talk time from his prepaid account to another prepaid subscriber of BSNL, within the same circle. To avail this service the subscriber has to have a minimum of Rs.200/- balance in his account.
- Prepaid subscriber can gift to another prepaid subscriber of BSNL, from Rs.10/- to Rs.200/- in multiples of Rs.10/-.
- To register for availing the feature of “ gifting of talk time” subscriber has to send an SMS “REGISTER PTOP” to 54455. Then the subscriber will be intimated a six digit password through SMS to his mobile. 54455 is a toll free short code.
- To gift the talk time the subscriber has to send SMS to 54456 in the following format. [The SMS to 54456 is chargeable]
“GIFT MOBILE NO AMOUNT PASSWORD”
Example:To gift a talk time of Rs.50/- to a number 9440000123, the following SMS has to be sent to the short code 54456. “GIFT 9440000123 50 XXXXXX”
- [advt]To deregister, subscriber has to send SMS “DEREGISTER PTOP” to 54455.
- A fee of 10% subject to a minimum of Rs.3/- will additionally be deducted from the prepaid account of gifting subscriber.
- Gifting can be done by the subscriber maximum 5 times in a month.
- Talk time transfer from GSM PCO will not be allowed.