Spareone, a spare cellphone that runs on a single AA cell and does nothing more than make calls, made its European debut at the World Mobile Congress in Barcelona. If left switched off, it can last for up to 15 years. This dual-band phone is rated to provide 10 hours of talk time, and 15 years of standby. It’s specifically offer that much longevity using the included Energizer Lithium AA battery.
SpareOne’s slim, lightweight, minimalist design makes it ideal for slipping into purses, briefcases, backpacks, and auto glove boxes – anywhere it might be needed when power fails or a primary cell phone runs out of juice. Equipped with an emergency call button (such as 911 or 112), SpareOne can access emergency services with or without a SIM card and transmit the phone’s current location.
SpareOne includes helpful functions such as the ability to pre-program important phone numbers and auto text reply. Users may swap the SIM cards from their primary cell phones that have lost power, and continue to send and receive calls using their existing phone numbers. SpareOne also comes with a micro SIM adapter to work with iPhone SIM cards.
[advt]Created by XPAL Power, the battery technology company behind leading portable power brands PowerSkin and Energizer Energi to Go, SpareOne is a dual-band GSM cell phone with patented technology enabling it to be powered using any AA battery (Alkaline, NiMH or Lithium).
SpareOne, will be available mid-March to ship worldwide. Pre-orders currently are being accepted at www.SpareOnePhone.com. Different GSM versions of the phone for the Americas and Europe/Asia/Africa/Oceania will be available.
SpareOne’s myriad of uses include:
- Emergencies: With a built-in torchlight and the ability to automatically transmit its location, SpareOne is a reliable tool for urgent response (911) during a crisis or natural disaster, when AA batteries may be the only power source available.
- Families: SpareOne provides peace of mind to families. Its nine customizable, easy-to-set speed dial buttons keep open lines of communication with children, seniors and other loved ones.
- Travel: Tourism/travel/airline companies may customize SpareOne for their customers, programming it with minutes that travelers can use to make calls at local rates, and pre-programming the phones with one-button numbers to taxis, restaurants, airlines, and local concierge services.
- Outdoor Enthusiasts: SpareOne is an ideal safety companion for people who enjoy outdoor activities such as yachting, skiing, hunting and fishing. Wherever there is cell phone coverage, SpareOne maintains its ability to make and receive calls and to be located in an emergency, with or without electrical power.
- Rural/Developing World: Because SpareOne uses the most common battery (AA) for power, it serves as a reliable communications tool in remote or rural areas where power is not readily or consistently available.
- Special events & corporate branding: SpareOne will offer customized phone designs and colors for corporate branding and messaging.