Your ‘iGoogle theme’ is the background image you see behind the search box at the top of your iGoogle page. If the area behind the search box is white, you’re probably using the ‘Classic’ theme. You can choose from thousands of themes submitted by artists, designers, TV shows, and people like you. If multiple themes catch your eye, no need to settle — you can put a different theme on each of your tabs.
Changing your theme
- [advt]Click Change theme from … in the upper-right corner of the page (the link will have the name of your current theme).
- Once you find the theme that you’d like to use, click its Add it now button.
- Click Back to iGoogle home to see your page.
Some themes are customized based on your location, the time of day, and other pieces of information that you may choose to provide. For example, some outdoorsy themes are sunny during the day and dark at night. So, to make sure the theme gets dark when it’s dark where you are, we may ask you for some regional info such as your city or postal code.
You can change or update any geographical information you provide on the iGoogle Settings page. Here’s how:
- Make sure you’re on the tab you want to edit (click its name).
- Click the down arrow next to the name of the tab.
- Select Edit this tab.
- In the ‘General’ section, use the drop-down menus to change your geographic or language information.
- Click Save when you’re done. [source]