Create Synchronicity is a backup/synchronization tool that can help you protect your files, and keep your data up-to-date. You can use it for pretty much everything from copying your documents, pictures, music and videos to your USB Key or backup drive, to scheduling server backups with regex filtering and DST compensation.
It is a powerful and lightweight open source backup and synchronization program, available in many languages.
Create Synchronicity is especially light: zipped, it weights about 180 kB (that’s 20 times less than an average MP3 file). It makes the backup process extremely easy, while remainining fully customizable.
Create Synchronicity is packed up with useful features:
- Fully customizable synchronization and backup, including:
- Precise selection of folders to back up: you can select which folders to synchronize, and even synchronize folders contents without synchronizing subfolders.
- Files inclusion and exclusion based on filename, extension, or regex.
- 3 synchronization methods:
- One-way incremental
- Two-ways incremental
- (v3.5+) Full scheduling support (daily, weekly, monthly, at a particular time, etc.)
- (v5.1+) Catching up: automatically reschedule missed backups
- Nice user interface
- Complete preview support, comprehensive logs.
- Comprehensive documentation, including hidden features
- Support for multiple profiles
- Fully portable: settings are stored in individual config files
- (v4.0+) By-volume-label paths: Create Synchronicity can backup directly to “My Usb”\Documents for example, by automatically locating the drive labeled “My Usb”.
- Advanced features:
- Dynamic destinations (%DATE% recognized)
- Various comparison options, precise folder tree pruning through regular expressions
- Time offsets, to compensate for wrong DST settings
- Loose timing: allow file time to differ by a few seconds
- Multiple file systems support (all the ones supported by the host OS)
- (v3.5+) Native support for UNC (network) and relative paths
- Automatic translation of environment variables
- (v4.0+) Proxy support for updates check.
- Command line support:
- Queue profiles
- Silent mode
- Detailed backup logs (txt|xhtml)
- Background mode
- Expert mode:
- File size comparison
- Integrity checks when scanning and copying
- GZip / Bzip2 on-the-fly compression
- Profile grouping