Monitise, global enabler of mobile money services has launched its mobile money services app in India with a range of smartphone and Java apps. The new range of apps are to give mobile phone owners greater ease of use and a higher degree of convenience, through an intuitive and design rich interface.
The apps, developed for Standard Chartered Bank’s Breeze brand, are powered by Monitise’s Globe mobile banking technology platform.
The new Monitise applicationintuitive, from rich mobile experiences on Blackberry and iPhone to the most basic devices.
- [advt]View bank and credit card accounts
- Transfer funds to other banks in India
- Pay utility bills – offering over 100 billers across the country
- Locate the nearest SCB branch/ATM using an ATM Locator
- Find and pay – Choose a cinema, locate seats and purchase their tickets, as well as find, book and pay for airline tickets, all through Breeze
Monitise Chief Executive Alastair Lukies said:
“Today’s launch marks our first rollout of mobile banking, payments and commerce in India. We are delighted to be bringing world-class mobile money services to this important market. Innovation is at the heart of both the fast-growing mobile banking market in India and our open and collaborative approach to the mobile money ecosystem globally. This launch shows how our tried and tested technology enables banks to extend beyond their traditional range of services into mobile commerce. We look forward to working with the world’s leading international banking groups as we continue to focus on strengthening our position as the world’s most trusted enabler of mobile money services.”