- A staggering 97 per cent of people working in IT claim to find their life at work stressful on a daily basis.
- Four out of five IT consultants feel stressed before they even enter the workplace, in anticipation of another day juggling complaints, pressure from managers and daily targets.
- And a quarter of IT experts are under such enormous pressure to perform at work they have taken time off suffering with stress.
- The poll of over 3,000 people revealed that a third of IT professionals say it is difficult to get the work done when managers are constantly on their backs.
- And employees claim to feel put-upon and suffer most at the hands of their managers who are blamed for lack of support, increasing pressure, interruptions and bullying behavior.
- A third of people would rather be their own boss, and have complete control over their daily duties.
It seems managers are the primary reason for putting enormous pressure and stress to employees and thereby creating an unhealthy working environment and reducing employee satisfaction and productivity.