Instantbird is an extremely easy to use and highly extensible instant messaging client. It is based on Pidgin‘s libpurple protocol library and Mozilla’s Firefox technology. It supports all major messaging services and have an extension system for adding extra functionality, themes etc. Instantbird is fully cross-platform (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux) and is an open source software.
Instantbird supports a wide variety of messaging and social networks which includes:
- AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)
- Facebook Chat
- Google Talk
- Windows Live Messenger (MSN Messenger)
- XMPP (Jabber)
- Yahoo! Messenger
Instantbird is designed to make instant messaging better:
- Talk to all your friends – With Instantbird, you can talk to all your friends with a single application.
- Trouble free – Instantbird has been designed with stability and simplicity. You will enjoy its clean clutter-free user interface: nothing will distract you from your conversations. No ads, you won’t be annoyed by unwanted content.
- Conversations in Tabs – Conversations are grouped in Tabs, ensuring you never feel swamped by conversations windows poping up everywhere. The tabs are easy to use: you can drag them to reorder them, or move a conversation into a new window.
- [advt]Customizable conversations – With a few carefully designed message themes available by default and hundreds more available as add-ons, there’s all you need to make your conversations feel personal.
- Smart contacts – allows you to group different accounts for same person by simple drag and drop actions.
- Always here for you – Instantbird will work on all your computers, whether they are running Windows, Mac OS X or Linux.
- Limitless extensibility – Powerful tools like inline search or zoom are built-in to help you get the most out of your conversations.