When you first download Google Chrome from http://www.google.com/chrome, your personal data — like your browsing history and homepage — is automatically imported from your default browser into Google Chrome. If you want to import additional settings (like bookmarks, search engines, and saved passwords) or settings from another browser, follow these steps:
- [advt]Close any other browsers that are open.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux).
- Click the Personal Stuff tab and find the “Browsing data” section.
- Click Import data from another browser.
- In the Import Bookmarks and Settings dialog that appears, select the application that contains the settings you’d like to import.
- Make sure that only the checkboxes for items you want to import are selected.
- Click Import.