Wings 3D is an advanced subdivision modeler that is both powerful and easy to use. Wings 3D offers a wide range of modeling tools, a customizable interface, support for lights and materials, and a built-in Auto UV mapping facility. It is free and open source, and is available for most platforms, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
Wings 3D is written in Erlang, an open source, functional programming language distributed by Ericsson. Wings 3D is used in both personal and commercial projects.
It has a simple interface. Right-click context sensitive menus give you easy access to common commands. Hovering over any menu item will display a brief description of the command in the Info Line at the bottom of the main window.
- A wide variety of Selection and Modeling Tools
- Modeling Tool support for Magnets and Vector Operations
- Customizable Hotkeys and Interface
- Tweak Mode lets you make quick adjustments to a mesh
- Assign and edit Lighting, Materials, Textures, and Vertex Colours
- AutoUV Mapping
- Ngon mesh support
- A Plugin Manager for adding and removing plugins
- Import and Export in many popular formats