FEBE (Firefox Environment Backup Extension) allows you to backup and restore all of your installed Firefox extensions, themes and (optionally) your bookmarks, preferences, cookies and just about everything else that Firefox generates. It actually creates individual installable .xpi files that you can put on CD, Flash Drive or floppy and install on another computer. You could also backup your extensions before installing an extension upgrade. Now you can snatch it out of the bowels of Firefox and keep it archived. You can even backup/restore an entire profile in one step.
- One click backup from the Toolbar.
- Schedule automatic backups on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Can also be configured to backup on Firefox startup and/or shutdown.
- Save backups in time-stamped folders to easily identify when the backups were created. Specify how many folders you wish to keep and FEBE removes the oldest.
- Backup reminder. FEBE can alert you if a backup has not been completed in a specified number of days.
- Comprehensive results report with links to the author’s extension/theme homepages.
- [advt] User-defined backups. Make backups of virtually any file or folder – Firefox related or not. Just specify what to backup and FEBE does the rest.
- Extensive built-in help files. Just click the little blue information icons in FEBE options.
- FEBE 6.0 and above uses native Firefox zip/unzip components. Much, much faster than previous FEBE versions that depended on external, third-party utilities.
- Upload backups to your Box.net account automatically or with a single click.
- Verify your extension directory. Upgrading Firefox versions sometimes leaves garbage in the extensions directory. FEBE can clean it up.
- Quick Backup. You can quickly backup as many or as few individual extensions/themes as you like. They can be saved together in a single, installable xpi file (Similar to CLEO).