BlackBerry Curve 8900 Smartphone is a very thin and very light full-QWERTY BlackBerry smartphone. BlackBerry Curve 8900 costs about Rs 24,990 in India.
The important features of Curver 8900 includes Camera (3.2 MP), Wi-Fi® Support, Built-in GPS, Enhanced Media Player, Video Recording, BlackBerry Maps and Wireless Email.
BlackBerry Curve 8900 Features
High Resolution Display
The BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone has a display of 480×360-pixel, which offers crisp images, text and even maps.
Camera and Video Recording
The BlackBerry Curve 8900 has a built-in camera at 3.2 megapixels, with digital zoom, built-in flash and Self-portrait mirror. You can take sharp, print-quality pictures using the BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone. Even if you’re not a natural at photography, you can rely on auto focus, auto flash and image stabilization to help you capture the moment.
When an event can’t be captured in a single instant, use sound and action to help tell the story using the video camera. Then share it in an email or picture message. In order to record video clips, a third-party microSD card must be properly inserted in the BlackBerry smartphone.
You can transfer pictures and videos between your smartphone and your desktop computer easily using the USB cable that comes with the smartphone, or via Bluetooth technology. The Roxio Media Manager lets you drag and drop your files from your smartphone to your computer.
Multimedia and Mobile Streaming
With a built-in media player to play your songs and videos, Internet access, a 3.2-MP camera that can also record videos and support for mobile streaming, it’s like taking along your entire entertainment center every time you leave the house—without the added luggage.
With the media player included on most BlackBerry smartphone:
- Play video and music files in vivid color and rich sound
- Use wireless Bluetooth stereo headphones or speakers to enjoy your music
- Shuffle your songs or enjoy your favorite playlist while you reply to messages
- Watch a news or sports clip while catching the train to work
You can transfer your desktop music files to your BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Media Sync. You can use the Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry smartphones for quick CD ripping, converting and transferring your music and video files to your smartphone. BlackBerry smartphones with a media player also allow you to use a microSD card for expandable storage, so you have the extra room you need for all your media files.
The BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone is designed to access 3GPP RTSP mobile streaming. When the streaming functionality is accessed via the WAP Browser, additional charges may apply. Depending on your carrier, accessibility may only be available via a Wi-Fi connection.
GPS and BlackBerry Maps
When you need help finding your way—or the nearest coffee shop—use the built-in GPS. It’s designed to work with BlackBerry Maps and other location-based software, to help you figure out where you are and how to get to where you need to be.
With the GPS feature, you can save time and even have some fun with GPS capabilities and BlackBerry Maps:
- Plan your route and view it on your BlackBerry smartphone
- Build a list of your favorite locations for easy reference
- Receive step-by-step driving directions to businesses, restaurants, or wherever else you’re going today
- Get more out of social networking sites and location-based mobile games
You can also take advantage of a wide range of third party GPS navigation services for your BlackBerry smartphone. Colorful 3-D moving maps, turn-by-turn voice directions, traffic alerts and rerouting are just some of the features that may be available. With GPS, give your business a competitive advantage by using Location-Based Services (LBS) such as employee and resource tracking, dispatching and more.
Use a Wi-Fi network to check email, shop online, stream videos and music or even make phone calls. Wireless home networks and public hotspots can give you access to all of your BlackBerry services.
Setting up Wi-Fi networks on the BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone is easy and switching back and forth from your carrier service can be seamless.
The BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone supports Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g. Placing calls over Wi-Fi requires a GAN/UMA network. Not all BlackBerry plans support Wi-Fi access to BlackBerry services. Check with your service provider for supported services and features.
The BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone is designed to access 3GPP RTSP mobile streaming websites. When the streaming functionality is accessed via the WAP Browser, significant, additional charges may apply. Depending on your carrier, accessibility may only be available via a Wi-Fi connection. Check with your service provider for supported features and services.
The sleek and slender design of the BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone dresses it for any occasion. It has a large HVGA+ display and a full QWERTY keyboard, but is so compact that it fits perfectly in your hand for easy one or two-thumb typing.
- Camera (3.2 MP)
- Wi-Fi Support
- Built-in GPS
- Enhanced Media Player
- Video Recording
- BlackBerry Maps
- Wireless Email
- Corporate Data Access
Size and Weight
Height: 4.29 inches (109 mm)
Width: 2.36 inches (60 mm)
Depth: 0.53 inches (13.5 mm)
Weight: 3.87 ounces (109.9 grams)
Battery & Battery Life
- Battery: 1400 mAHr removable/rechargeable cryptographic lithium cell
- Talk Time: 5.5 hours
- Standby Time: 356 hours
- High resolution 480×360 pixel color display
- Transmissive TFT LCD
- Supports over 65,000 colors
- Screen Size: 2.44 inches (diagonally measured)
Camera & Video Recording
- Camera: 3.2 MP camera (JPEG Encoding) with Auto focus, Image stabilization, Flash and 2X Digital Zoom
- Video Camera: Normal Mode: 480×352 pixel, MMS Mode: 176×144 pixel
GPS & BlackBerry Maps
- Assisted and autonomous GPS enabled
Data Input & Navigation
- 35 key backlit QWERTY keyboard
- Trackball located on front face of device, ESC key to the right, Menu to the left
- Dedicated Keys: Send, End, Mute, Lock, VAD (user customizable), 2-stage camera (user customizable), 2x volume/zoom
- User Interface: Intuitive icons and menus
Voice Input & Output
- Integrated speaker and microphone, Hands-free headset capable, Bluetooth® headset capable, Integrated Hands-Free Speakerphone
- Video Format Support: DivX, XviD (MPEG4 Advance Simple Profile), H.263, WMV3
- Audio Format Support: .3gp, WAV, MIDI, AMR-NB, G711u/A, GSM610, PCM, MP3, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA9/10 Standard/Pro
Ringtones & Notifications
- Ringtones: .3gp, WAV, MIDI, AMR-NB, G711u/A, GSM610, PCM, MP3, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA9/10 Standard/Pro
- Notifications: Tone, vibrate, on-screen or LED indicator; notification options are user configurable
- Bluetooth v2.0 + EDR; Headset, Handsfree, Serial Port Profile, Stereo Audio (A2DP/AVCRP), SIM Access Profile and Dial-up Networking supported
- Password protection
- Keyboard lock
- Sleep (standby) mode
- 802.11b/g enabled
- Wi-Fi Alliance Certifications: WPA/WPA2 Personal and Enterprise, WMM, WMM Power Save, Wi-Fi Protected Setup
- Cisco CCX certification planned
- Wi-Fi access to BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
- Wi-Fi access to BlackBerry® Internet Server
- Direct IP web browsing over Wi-Fi
- Support for UMA/GAN
- North America: 850 MHz GSM®/GPRS networks
- North America: 1900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
- Europe/Asia Pacific: 1800MHz GSM/GPRS networks
- Europe/Asia Pacific: 900MHz GSM/GPRS networks
- EDGE networks