Airtel digital TV announced the launch of iRadio – a 24/7 entertainment application that has 21 Radio channels available to all its customers, at no additional cost. The introduction of the 21 channels on iRadio is consistent with Airtel digital TV’s efforts of enabling customers to enjoy their entertainment experience in a language of their choice, wherever they go in India.
This latest addition to Airtel digital TV’s portfolio caters to the growing demand by customers for entertainment in a language of choice. AIR Radio has been a favourite of listeners across the country its unique entertainment mix of Music, News, Talk Shows, Variety, Interviews, Current Affairs and documentaries. iRadio is yet another compelling reiteration of DTH’s clear advantage over analogue systems in offering unique non-channel content across genres like education, music, movies, farming and lifestyle.
All Airtel digital TV customers can access this application at a mere click of the iTV button on their remote. With a user friendly interface, the customers also have an option to select an AIR channel and play in the background. The 21 audio channels in iRadio include FM Gold, FM Gold Mumbai, FM Rainbow, FM Rainbow Bangalore, FM Rainbow Chennai, Radio Kashmir, Gyanvani Radio, AIR Hindi, AIR Punjabi, AIR Tamil, AIR Telugu, AIR Bangla, AIR Gujarati, AIR Urdu, AIR Marathi, AIR Kannada, AIR Oriya, AIR Malayalam, AIR Assamese, AIR Ragam, and AIR North-East.
iRadio is now available along with the other five attractions, iFasal, iGoodlife, iDarshan, iLearn and iAstro. To enjoy other iTV applications, the customers need to call 12150.
- iFasal: provides farmers a real time access to crop prices, prevalent agri-input prices of say seeds, pesticides, weather information and localized farming advisory in Hindi
- iGoodlife: provides rich and entertaining content on lifestyle, cooking, health, home and family
- iDarshan: showcases live aartis every morning and evening, devotional songs, debates, discussions, pravachans, satsangs, discourses, travel episodes from shrines across the country and pilgrimage information, at your home
- iLearn: interactive and fun tutorial for children ranging from classes 1 to 5
- iAstro: provides detailed forecast for the day – both as per astrology and numerology
According to Mr. Shashi Arora, CEO- DTH/ Media, Bharti Airtel said:
“iRadio will provide yet another reason for customers to be on Airtel digital TV. The width and depth of our content together with the superior audio and video clarity on the back of our strong distribution and service delivery network has been one of the primary reasons for more customers opting for Airtel digital TV. Our non channel content has been very well received, one of the reasons we believe that the Radio application will find appeal across the hinterland of the country where radio is still considered the primary entertainment medium for many, who are only now being introduced to DTH and its advantages over legacy distribution systems.”