Aircel India announced the launch of their next generation of high speed data services Aircel Wi-Fi. Aircel Wi-Fi is currently available in various zones of five major cities in India namely Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad cities.
Aircel Wi-Fi gives you freedom from connecting wires and helps you connect your laptop or mobile to the Internet easily. Access internet at high speed using Aircel Wi-Fi with 50,000 hi speed zones across India.
What is Wi-Fi:
Aircel Wi-Fi is a service that allows you to browse the Internet without connecting to broadband via wired connection. Through Wi-Fi you can access the Internet just about anywhere at any time, without using wires. Unlike GPRS Wi-Fi doesn’t need any SIM to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
How to access:
At any of the Aircel Wi-Fi zones, simply connect to the internet with any Wi-Fi enabled device – smartphones, laptops, netbooks or tablets.Then, choose your session time as per your need, and that’s it, you’ll be connected!.
Browse, work, play, or meet your friends with fast and secure broadband connectivity in the wonderful world of Aircel Wi-Fi!
- 50,000 Wi-Fi zones across India[advt]
- Choose your plans as per your need
- Secure access to protect your data
- High speed access @ 512kbps
- Unlimited downloads in each session
Free Trial Offer
- Go to your nearest Aircel Wi-Fi Zone and switch on the Wi-Fi on your laptop or mobile.
- On the welcome screen, just click on New User.
- Enter your details along your Aircel mobile number to acquire a User ID and Password via SMS.
- Then simply use these details to log in to your account.
- Start discovering the possibilities on Aircel Wi-Fi.
Post the free trial offer, the Wi-Fi service will be charged as per the chosen plan.
New Aircel TV ad: Aircel WiFi
How to Log in or signup for the First time?
Logging on to Aircel Wi-Fi is very simple. You will have to follow a few steps:
- After you have reached the Wi-Fi hotspot, you need to switch ‘on’ the Wi-Fi option of your laptop or mobile.
- Search for the available network or refresh the available network list. You will see “AIRCEL_SPECTRANET” option on the list of networks available.
- Click on AIRCEL_SPECTRANET network and click Connect.
- Once you are connected to the network, open any browser and type www.google.com.
- The AIRCEL SPECTRANET page with an option to sign up would be displayed.
- On clicking the new user sign-up option, you would be required to enter your 10-digit Aircel mobile number.
- After you have submitted the mobile number, you would be sent an authorization password through an SMS to your mobile.
- Enter the authorization password on the webpage on your mobile or laptop and click Submit.
- After you have submitted the authorization password, you would be charged for your plan and you would be sent your user ID and password on your mobile phone through an SMS.
- Use the user ID (your mobile number) and password received to log in to your AIRCEL SPECTRANET account and now you can browse the Internet for 1 hour. Please do not close the AIRCEL SPECTRANET window till the time you are browsing.
Charges for Signing Up and Using Aircel Wi-Fi Services
Initially, Aircel Wi-Fi is for free for Aircel users till 20th Feb, 2011 under the Free Trial Offer. Post this, Aircel will offer an hourly plan of Rs.15 only. This charge would be adjusted against your postpaid bill or would be deducted from your prepaid balance. You can download up to 30MB of data. After that you would have to register with the service again.