TYPSoft FTP Server is a fast and simple ftp server with support to for virtual file system, download/upload resume, IP restriction and access logs. It is a great server for beginers or advanced users. It will provide support to Standard FTP Command, Virtual File System architecture, Clean interface, Login/Quit message, logs, Multi Language and many other things.
This small but powerful application is very easy to use and allows the user to set many options on User Setup, as name, password, welcome message file, goodbye message file, etc., including a list of users for different connections. Advanced users will appreciate these settings that make all the process easier.
FTP Setup is an option for setting many parameters in this way of connecting, such as the files for ‘welcome’ and ‘goodbye’, port number, number of users, language selection, etc.
The application accepts the standard FTP commands and, also, enables the user can restrict the local IP address, which allows users to connect anonymously.
[advt]The application doesn’t include a Help File. It offers an online help.When we set up a FTP server, we usually use FTP Serv-U. Certainly it is an very powerful and multi-functions FTP Server software. But for beginners the function setting of it is a little difficult and the ordinary users can not use all functions of it at all. So if you want to set up a simple FTP Server, TYPSoft FTP Server is just for you.
TYPSoft FTP Server can work well with Win98/2000/XP and we can download it from typsoft.com. The size of TYPSoft FTP Server is only 746KB and the latest version of it is 0.99.6. Note: To avoid conflict we must uninstall any installed FTP Server from our system before we install TYPSoft FTP Server. In addition, we need to set up a static IP address for this FTP Server.
Following are some features and tips of TYPSoft FTP Server:
- TYPSoft FTP Server allows us to specify an IP address or range of IP addresses that are authorized to use the FTP Server.
- Additional parameters can limit usage to only send or only receive files via the FTP Server.
- Runs as a Service, optionally runs as a service on the entire network.
- Transfers Files Larger than 32MB
- Supports the option negotiation protocol (transfer size, block size, timeout) described in the current TFTP protocol specifications. This enables transfer of files up to 4GB, which allows us to transfer the latest IOS or firmware versions without issue.
TYPSoft FTP Server will scan and use the IP address of current computer when we run it. As usually we do not need to set up it is setting, but when we begin to use it, a few simple setting is necessary.
- User setting: TYPSoft FTP Server will prompt us input user name and password when we run it. In face, TYPSoft FTP Server has already created a user account for us. The user name is “Anonymous” and the password is “null”. Of course we can create a new user later.
- FTP setting: The necessary setting of FTP include: FTP Port; Max of User; If shows prompt information when it is closed; If it runs with system startup and so on. Do not forget to save these settings before exit FTP setup option and we must reboot TYPSoft FTP Server to make it effect. IP limit: With this function of TYPSoft FTP Server we can avoid some unacceptable computers or users to visit our FTP Server. We can also stop or start our FTP Server by hand.
Overall, TYPSoft FTP Server is a very nice, easy to use and full-functions FTP server. Not only can beginners use it simply but also experienced users can also use it for advanced application. Multi-threaded TFTP server is an ideal solution for network engineers and network administrators. It is the fast, affordable way to manage a highly complex network infrastructure comprised of thousands of devices.