Samurize is a freeware system monitoring and desktop enhancement engine for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista. IT professionals, overclockers, gamers and desktop modders alike use Samurize for system information, weather reports, news headlines etc…The core of Samurize is the desktop client that displays a “config” (similar to a widget/gadget) anywhere on the screen. There is also a taskbar client, a clock client, a server, and a screensaver. The client’s main purpose is to display information about the computer, such as CPU usage, available RAM/HD space, network conditions, uptime, etc..
It can also be extended by using VBScript, JScript, Perl, Python, Ruby scripts and DLL plugins, which provide virtually unlimited possibilities. There are scripts/plugins which can get weather reports, news headlines, music controllers, etc.. Samurize includes aWYSIWYG config editor used to create the configs. A “config” consists of a collection of “meters”, and is saved into a INI file in the “configs” folder of the Samurize installation path. “Configs” can be packed to be shared with other users by using an included tool.
- an unrivalled set of built-in meters (Disk utilization, CPU usage, network traffic, system temperatures…)
- ultimate customizing and skinning possibilities with no programming knowledge required
- monitoring your own computer or others over a network
- tiny memory footprint and CPU usage
- the first system monitoring tool with a true WYSIWYG editor
- full extensibility via scripts and plugins with a powerful plugin SDK/API
- minimal software requirements (no .NET or Service Packs necessary)
- multimonitor support
- many usage options (desktop, taskbar and clock clients, server outputting to XML or image formats, screensaver)