Sony Ericsson unveiled Xperia arc S at Sony’s press conference in conjunction with IFA in Berlin. Taking the award-winning sleek design from Xperia arc,the latest addition to the Xperia family has a processor upgraded to 1.4Ghz, Sony 3D sweep panorama technology and access to the Sony Entertainment Network services – “Music Unlimited” and “Video Unlimited”. Xperia arc S features 25% faster camera start up and media conversion, along with 20% faster web page rendering compared to Xperia arc.
Consumers with a 2011 Xperia smartphone are now able to enjoy “Music Unlimited” and “Video Unlimited” subject to market availability:
- “Music Unlimited” has a global catalogue of over 10 million unique songs with access to your personal music library and ad free radio channels across multiple devices.
- “Video Unlimited” (currently exclusive to Sony Ericsson Xperia) is the ultimate source for the latest Hollywood blockbusters, all-time classics, and TV shows from all major studios.
In addition to these services, Xperia arc S includes best-in-class Sony technology such as 3D sweep panorama. 3D sweep panorama images can be captured and then viewed by connecting the phone to a 3D TV using the HDMI output.
Xperia arc S also has a visually brilliant 4.2″ Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine, an 8.1MP camera with HD video capability and Sony’s award winning Exmor R for mobile image sensor that enhances still images and videos even in low light conditions.
Consumers also have access to a uniquely social entertainment experience of sharing and discovery with Facebook inside Xperia, plus the extensive world of Android with over 250,000 applications.
Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S will be available globally in selected markets from Q4 2011.
Xperia arc S at a glance:
- Super fast 1.4 GHz processor
- 3D and 2D sweep panorama photography
- 8.1 MP camera with Exmor R for mobile image sensor
- 4.2″ Reality display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine
- Latest Android platform Gingerbread 2.3