Motorola AURA is a super stylish, super expensive mobile phone with a 16 million colors display. It is the world’s first phone to have a circular display.
The display is the product of fine crafting as well. Just 1.55″ in diameter, this circular cellphone screen features 16 Million colors and 300 dpi clarity, plus it’s coated with 62-carat sapphire crystal to prevent scratching.
It boasts of the luxurious finish, smooth seamless blade opening and the Crystal Talk technology that allows users to have conversation even in noisy environments.
Inspired by high end watches, the phone’s switch blade design alone is driven by over 200 parts, 130 of them ball bearings used to open the handset upto an estimated 100,000 times before failure.
Internally, the phone is quad band with GPRS and EDGE featuring 7.3 hours of talk time, 2GB of internal memory, AGPS and 2.0 MP camera.
Motorola AURA is Motorola’s latest high-tier mobile device targeted at the trend-setter Indian who has a taste for the exquisitely stylish, unrivalled quality and sensuous luxury.
Motorola AURA is a hand-sculpted mobile phone that costs Rs. 84000/- approximately in Indian Markets.
- World’s first circular display on a mobile phone, 16M color, Chemically-etched textures and patterns.
- Three tungsten carbon carbide coated main gears.
- The main bearing is Swiss-made.
- Protective PVD coating and mirror polish finish, same as used on luxury watches. 130 precision ball bearings.
- CrystalTalk technology.
- Made from over 700 individual components Assisted-opening blade mechanism.
- Up-scaled, nickel-chrome plated exposed screws.
- Stainless steel housing.
- Scratch-resistant, 62-carat, Grade 1 sapphire crystal lens.
- 300 ppi resolution display.
- Stereo Bluetooth technology.
- Form Factor: Rotator
- 2G Network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Dimensions: 96.9*47.6*18.6 MM
- Weigh: 141 Grams
- Display: 1.55″ 16M colors TFT, 480 Pixels diameter, Round LCD
- Handset Color: Silver
- SAR Value: 0.43 W/Kg(head), 0.76 W/Kg (body)
- 0.3 MM blade front stainless steel, 0.4 MM battery door stainless steel
- Power: Li-Ion 810 mAh
- Standby Time: Upto 400 Hours
- Talk time: Upto 7.30 Hours
Sound and Music
- Video Player: H.263, H.264, MPEG4
- Alert types: Vibration, Downloadable polyphonic, MP3 ringtones
- Audio Player: AAC, AAC+, AAC+ Enhanced, MIDI, MP3, WAV, WMA v10, WMA v9
- Phonebook: 1000 entries, Photocall
- Call records: 30 Dialed, 30 Received, 30 Missed calls
- Internal Memory: 2 GB
- GPRS: Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots), 32-48 kbps
- EDGE: Class 12
- Stereo Bluetooth Class 1, Version 2.0 plus EDR and A2DP
- USB: v2.0 Hi speed
- Browser: WAP 2.0/xHTML
- Java: MIDP 2.0
- Primary: 2.0 MP Fixed-Focus
- Resolution: 1600*1200 Pixels
- Video Recorder: H.263, H.264, MPEG4
- E-Mail (POP3/IMAP embedded)
- Open Source
- Voice Memo
- Predictive text input
- Stainless steel housing with chemically etched textures
- Assisted-opening blade mechanism with carbon carbide coated main gears