The US wireless carrier Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones announced the LG Fathom will be now available in Verizon Wireless. The ultimate on-the-go office, the LG Fathom redefines productivity with Windows Phone power, stylish design and smart global capabilities for making voice calls in more than 220 countries and accessing data in 200 countries, 110 with 3G speeds.
LG Fathom is a 1GHz Windows Mobile 6.5 powered handset with a 3.2MP autofocus camera, QWERTY keypad, WiFi, Bluetooth, supports upto 16GB and a 3.2″ screen.
The phone is priced at $99.99 with a two year Verizon contract and mail-in rebate. LG Fathom costs USD 500 ( approx 23,000 Indian Rupees) without a contract from Verizon. Launch date for India is not known now.
Key features of LG Fathom
- Sleek slate blue case takes customers from Monday meetings to Friday outings
- Large 3.2” touch screen with Improved Touch Experience and vibration for tactile feedback
- 1 GHz processor
- Full slide-out QWERTY keyboard with simultaneous touch screen capabilities
- microSD™ slot for up to 16 GB of memory
- Wi-Fi enabled (802.11 b/g/n)
- Bluetooth 2.1 capabilities with support for the following profiles: headset, hands-free, dial-up networking, stereo, phone book access, basic printing, basic imaging, object push for vCard and vCalendar, file transfer, and serial port
- Built-in MP3 and WMA music player with music library, repeat and shuffle features, as well as stereo sound via headset or Bluetooth
- Windows Media Player 10 Mobile and video player for WMV, MP4, and 3GP formats
- USB mass storage for file transfer between microSD card and PC
- One-touch speaker phone and speaker-independent voice commands
- Text to speech and voice-activated dialing for up to 4,000 entries
Fathom has a dedicated task manager key for quick access to mobile Task Manager. The Windows Mobile Device Center and ActiveSync allows users to synchronize Outlook, Office and contents from Microsoft Exchange Server to keep personal information organized and updated. You can view and edit with Excel Mobile, OneNote Mobile and Word Mobile or view important presentations with PowerPoint Mobile. Simply scroll, zoom and view rich PDF content with Adobe Reader LE.
Wireless manager enables and disables wireless connectivity for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and cellular network. Fathom has luminous sensor designed to adjust LCD backlight brightness depending on light conditions. The proximity sensor instantly locks touch screen buttons while talking on the phone. Text and send clear images and fun animations through Flash User interface support. International charger plus up to four different adapter clips for multi-country use is available.
3.2 megapixel autofocus camera and camcorder that includes:
- Five different camera resolutions and three different video resolutions
- Macro Mode for detailed, up close pictures
- Panorama for three guided, sequential shots
- Continuous shot for up to six consecutive photos
- Scene mode for auto, portrait, landscape, sports and night settings
- Image editor with zoom, rotate, resize, crop, added frames and stamps
- Customizable brightness, white balance, shutter sounds and color effects and a self-timer
- Choose between mute and unmute to record video with or without sound
- Optimize video quality with normal, fine or super camcorder settings
- Video recording time up to one minute for sending or up to one hour for saving
Pricing and availability
The LG Fathom will be available in business sales channels beginning May 27 and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the US and online beginning June 3 for $149.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. [source]