KeepNote is free note taking software. It allows you to take notes on multiple systems so that you can keep your notes together. No matter what type of system you have, you can use this program to organize and keep all of your notes in one place. They are saved in a tree-like structure for easy reference as well as viewing, going between notebooks and using tools.
With KeepNote, you can store your class notes, TODO lists, research notes, journal entries, paper outlines, etc in a simple notebook hierarchy with rich-text formatting, images, and more. Using full-text search, you can retrieve any note for later reference.
You can edit notes, go to them, open them and view them. You can also use certain tools to spell check for example. Your help menu can be a big help here with the ability to change settings. Backing up this program is ideal for keeping your notes together. Export of notes into HTML format is another good feature to use.
- Tools – Spell Check
- GO function – moves between notes and notebooks
- View notes – Opening and viewing notes in several different connotations
- Saves notes in tree form for easier organization
- Help menu – Changing preferences
- Hierarchical organization for notes
- [advt]Full-text search
- Integrated screenshot
- File attachments
- Spell checking (via gtkspell)