WinDirStat is a free disk usage analyzer and cleanup tool which you can use to analyze and free up space in your computer’s hard drive. WinDirStat is compatible with Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7.
Features in WinDirStat
- Directory list, Treemap and Extension list views so you can view your files the way you want
- Coupling. Select an item in the directory list: The treemap highlights it; and vice versa
- Built-in cleanup actions including Open, Show Properties, Delete
- Works with network drives and UNC paths
- ‘Create disk usage report’ option
- Language can be set to Czech, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, German, English, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Polish and Russian
WinDirStat is available for download for your Windows desktops as a stand alone software tool. Download the tool and install in your Windows desktop.
WinDirStat Software Tool for USB drive
WinDirStat is also available as a portable tool with the Portableapps.com platform. The Portableapps.com platform acts as a launching pad for a wide range of portable applications from Portableapps.com.
If you want WinDirStat Portable to be launched directly from a directory, without any installation, you can extract the file to a directory in your USB drive or your PC’s disk drive and then run the application directly from the directory. This will not add any entry in the registry. You can simply copy these extracted files to anywhere and run immediately without any other installation process.
If you want WinDirStat to be launched from Portableapps Launch platform, first you have to download and install the Portable apps launch platform in USB or PC. Then install WinDirStat using Portable apps launch platform. [Portable apps launch platform can install and provide shortcuts to all your downloaded portable applications from portableapps.com)