Virtual VCR is a small, free and versatile DirectShow video capture application designed to work with TV tuner and video capture cards that have WDM(Windows Driver Model) drivers.It has some unique options and features that make is a useful tool for all types of video capture tasks.
Virtual VCR requires DirectX 8.1 you can download and install DirectX 8.1 from Microsoft before using Virtual VCR. It also need a video capture card or device that Virtual VCR can use to capture with. WDM drivers work best with Virtual VCR.
Virtual VCR is a DirectShow video capture application that allows you to capture Audio and Video to your hard drive in the AVI file format. Its main advantage is automatic video capturing, with the help of the Scheduled Task system in Windows or any other scheduling software for that matter. You need to launch Virtual VCR with the capture parameter to start the capture automatically. How to capture click
- Arbitrary resolution settings (480×576 etc).
- [advt]Compression codec selection and setup (Video and Audio)
- Smart Tee Preview for capturing and previewing at full resolutions
- Pre Filtering allows use of installed DirectShow filters
- Video crop before capture
- Can be used with a Scheduler to capture at preset times
- Command line options for use in BAT files etc
- Real-time Capture stats including compression ratio, bytes sec etc
- Small, Fast and Free