Dell announced the launch of the Dell Streak Tablets in India, in association with Qualcomm and Tata DOCOMO. The Dell Streak, priced at
Rs. 33249, 31,286 24,399 is a 5-inch Android-based tablet combining the most popular features of a smartphone and a tablet and designed to provide people the best “on-the-go” entertainment, social connection, and navigation experience.
The Dell Streak is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8250 mobile processor. It is, in fact, the world’s first Snapdragon based pocket tablet. The 5-inch screen is ideal for experiencing thousands of Android Market widgets, games and applications. It has built-in 3G HSUPA, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
Dell Streak can be experienced and will be available for pre-booking at all Dell Exclusive stores, Tata DOCOMO ‘Dive In’ centers and authorized retailers.[flipkart: mobctgr4zhgwgxup]
Dell Streak users will also be able to avail of an enticing data plan through Tata DOCOMO-subscribers will get 500 MB of data usage free every month for a period of six months on Tata DOCOMO Postpay connections.
The Dell Streak tablet makes multitasking effortless and enables easy access for downloading and listening to music, updating social networking status in real-time, and staying connected to friends and family through e-mail, text, IM, and voice calls all at the same time.
The 5-inch screen is large enough to present Web pages in their natural form, create a comfortable viewing experience, and make navigation simple and safe. The Dell Streak leverages Qualcomm’s 1GHz Snapdragon mobile processor to combine advanced functionality, performance, and benefits of a laptop in a pocket friendly size.
The Streak is a full-function 3G phone and supports integrated social networking widgets and gives access to tons of apps through the Android Marketplace. It supports real-time Facebook and Flickr support and lets you upload your photo or video online almost instantly. The Dell Streak allows full-fledged multitasking capabilites.
The Streak’s UI supports the drag-and-drop functionaltiy for almost all apps. The Google Voice Search support works with all commonly used apps(including Maps, IMDb & Youtube), just hit the microphone button and speak your search term and it returns the relevant results.
The Streak sports dual cameras, a user-facing VGA digital camera and a rear-facing 5MP digital camera with Dual LED flash. There are 6 scene options (Automatic, Night, Portrait, Landscape, Sport and Snow) and each adds a specific ambiance to the picture. It also supports four White Balance presets and you can even alter brightness and contrast.
- A full screen browsing experience with a 5-inch capacitive multi-touch WVGA display,
- Gorilla Glass display resists damage and scratches resulting from regular use or accidents.
- At less than 10mm thickness, the Streak is more portable than any other tablet, it easily slips in a pocket or purse
- Easily integrated social media apps: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Google Maps
- The Android open source O/S offers more opportunities for growth, to access and download Google Android Market’s many applications
- Packaged with cushions made from 100 percent sustainable, compostable bamboo
- High resolution 5 MP camera with flash, VGA front facing camera for easy point and shoot and enabling video calls, removable battery, built-in Wi-Fi, 3G HSUPA and Bluetooth connectivity options
- The powerful Snapdragon mobile processor makes multitasking easy, allowing users to talk on the phone and browse the web at the same time, or listen to music while using the Google Navigation app.
Dell Streak Feature Overview
- Qualcomm’s powerful and efficient Snapdragon QSD8250 chipset with integrated 1GHz processor
- Android platform complete with Android Market and Dell user interface enhancements
- 3G + WiFi + Bluetooth
- HSUPA with up to 7.2 Mbps downlink and 5.76Mbps uplink speeds
- 5 MP autofocus camera with dual LED flash. Easy point, shoot, and uploads to YouTube, Flickr, Facebook and more
- User accessible Micro SD expandable memory available up to 32 GB. Store up to 42 movies* or 32,000 photos, or 16,000 songs with 32GB Micro SD
Compatible with all GSM/3G connections, Dell Streak was designed with the future in mind and will support updates including platform upgrades, Adobe Flash 10.1 on Android 2.2 later this year, video chat applications and other software innovations.
Dell is a member of the Open Handset Alliance (OHA), a group of technology and mobile companies working together to accelerate innovation in mobility. Together, the OHA created Android, the first complete, open, and free mobile platform to provide people a richer, less expensive, and better mobile experience.
Dell announced that, it is working on releasing the Android 2.2 Froyo update for its Dell Streak micro-tablet device by the end of this year. It would stop working on the Android 2.1 Eclair update in order to focus more on the 2.2 update.