Bharti Airtel announced the pan India launch of airtel money, country’s first of its kind mobile wallet service by a mobile operator. Available across 300 key cities in India – airtel money is a fast, simple and secure service that allows its users to load cash on their mobile devices and spend it to pay utility bills and recharges, shop at 7,000+ merchant outlets, transact online etc. Apart from serving as an easy alternative to cash / card payment options, airtel money has now become the first mobile based service to offer customers the convenience of instant money transfer from an airtel money wallet to another airtel money wallet and bank accounts. With this, customers can now use airtel money to make payments and transfer money across the country.
How does airtel money work?
- Subscribe: Dial *400# / register on www.airtelmoney.in / visit nearest airtel money retailer to fill the application form and submit KYC documents (2 copies of identity proof, 1 copy of address proof, 1 passport size photo)
- Activate: Simply choose your MPIN to activate the account
- Load cash: Load cash by visiting your nearest airtel retail outlet or through your net banking account
- Get started with airtel money!
- Pay bills & recharge – Use this cash in your mobile for making bill payments (e.g. electricity, gas, financial services) and recharges
- Shop – Instead of cash, pay over-the-counter merchants (e.g. nearest kirana store, local chemist), buy movie tickets online and more!
- Transfer – Use your mobile to send money directly to the bank accounts of your friends and family
Customers can choose from 2 types of airtel money accounts – Express Account and Power Account:
|airtel money wallet type||Daily spending limit||Pay utility bills & recharge||Shop at merchant outlets||Shop online||Transfer|
|Express Account||Rs. 10,000||√|
|Power Account||Rs. 50,000||√||√||√||√|
airtel mobile customers can self register for airtel money Express Account by dialling *400# from their mobile phones or sign up for the service by walking into any of the 15,000 plus airtel money outlets across the top 300 cities of India and submitting the required KYC documents.
[advt]For airtel money Power Accounts, airtel has established merchant partnerships with over 1,800 brands across the country – this includes utility providers; state electricity boards viz. BSES, Reliance Energy, Indraprastha Gas, telecom (BSNL/MTNL) and insurance (LIC) and mutual funds, organized retailers (e.g. DT Cinemas, Fun Cinemas, Megamart, Univercell, Apollo Pharmacy) as well as local chemists and grocery stores who will now accept payments via airtel money, thereby ushering a new era in the world of electronic payments.
Additionally, airtel money will work as a convenient payment alternative to debit and credit cards in days to come for online transactions on popular websites like Flipkart, Yatra, Letsbuy and even www.airtel.in. What’s more – customers using airtel money will be able to avail exclusive discounts and attractive offers at various merchant outlets in the market – and save money as they shop!