Zipeg – Free File Opener for .zip and .rar Files
Zipeg is a free file opener for .zip and .rar files. With just a click you can open a file and see what is inside. Find exactly what you are looking for and extract it. It has a lengthy list of formats, for instance: ZIP, RAR, ARJ, LHA/LZH, 7z, TAR, GZ, TGZ, BZIP2, CPIO, RPM, ISO, CHM, Z, CBR, CBZ, WAR and EAR. It’s based on the powerful 7Zip engine, so you can be sure of great performance, and there are versions available for both Windows and Mac OS X.
Any images in your archive will have tiny thumbnails attached. Hover the mouse over a particular file and you’ll get a larger thumbnail along with EXIF data, perfect if you need to quickly locate a particular image. If you regularly handle archives from overseas then you might appreciate the UTF-8, Unicode and codepage support that allows file names to be displayed in their national alphabets.
Zipeg will automatically open nested archives so you don’t have to do it manually, for instance, and path completion makes it quick and easy to specify the destination folder when you’re unpacking. For that you’ll need to use Windows own tools (right-click > Send To > Compressed Folder) or another archiving program.
- popular: .zip, .rar, .7z, .tar, .gz, .tgz, .bzip2, .iso, .cbr, .cbz formats;
- rare: .arj, .lha .lzh, .cpio, .rpm, .chm, .z, .war, .ear
- decrypts password protected .zip and .rar files (strong AES encryption).
- Auto-magically combines and opens multipart .zip and .rar files.
- groks filenames in national alphabets (both code pages and unicode).
- Super fast “hover over” preview using EXIF thumbnails for photographs.
- Ideal for opening multiple gmail attachments downloaded as zip file.
- Useful for opening and browsing Facebook backup zip files.
Email : email@example.com