WindowsPager – Virtual Desktops for Windows Vista/XE
WindowsPager is a desktop-switcher/pager for Windows Vista/XP/2000 to manage ‘virtual’ workspaces/desktops. It will integrate smoothly into the desktop panel. It gives you a little more space to work. So if you’ve filled up one desktop, say, just click one of the other buttons on the taskbar and you’ll have another empty desktop to play around with.
Which means you might have a browser maximized in one desktop, Excel maximized in another, Explorer in a third, Notepad and a few smaller apps open in the other, whatever you like – you can then switch from one desktop to another with a click.
WindowsPager allows you to drag and drop windows from one desktop to another, or you can simply right-click a window’s title bar and choose to move it to whichever desktop you like. It enables you to switch from one desktop to another without ever touching the mouse.
First, the program is portable, there’s nothing to install, so if it proves incompatible with some part of your system then the worst that might happen is you’ll need to reboot. And second, WindowsPager is extremely lightweight, using under 4MB RAM on our test PC. You should be able to use the program just about anywhere without worrying about the drain on your system resources.
- virtual desktops, workspaces for Windows Vista/7/XP/2000
- arrange your running applications on different desktops to improve overview
- integration into the panel
- several patterns possible
- 64 bit support
- move windows between desktops by drag ‘n drop or by using the window menu
- optional keyboard shortcuts for switching the desktop
- set a window “sticky”: always visible
- “Mini-Windows” give an overview from each desktop
- keep a window above all others by selecting “Keep on top” from the window menu
- drag `n drop between desktops
- dual/multi monitor support
- no administrator rights necessary
- no installation
- safe: automatic window restore even on crash by use of two separate processes.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org