View Your Current Location on Mobile Using Google Latitude for Mobile
Google Latitude is a location-aware mobile app developed by which allows a mobile phone user to allow certain people to view their current location. Via their own Google Account, the user’s cell phone location is mapped on Google Maps. Google Latitude is compatible with most devices running iOS, Android, BlackBerry OS, Windows Mobile, and Symbian S60.
- See where your friends are. See your friends’ locations on a map or in a list.
- Contact your friends. Quickly contact your friends with a text message, instant message, or phone call.
- Control your location. You can share, set, hide your location, or sign out of Google Latitude.
- Privacy settings. Control who sees your location, and at what level of detail.
See where your friends are right now with Google Latitude
Latitude allows you to share your location with friends and view their locations on a map. Latitude is available both on your phone and your computer. This is what you need to do before you can start sharing your location and seeing your friends’ locations:
From your phone
- Check that you have a Google Latitude supported phone.
- Install Maps for mobile version 3.0+ on supported phones, or download Google Latitude from the App Store on supported iOS devices.
- On Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Symbian S60, or Sony Ericsson phones, open the Google Maps main menu and select Join Latitude. If you can’t find Google Maps on your phone, look for its icon on your home screen or in a folder on your phone such as Main, Applications, Games, My Stuff, My Own, or My Downloads.
- Sign in to your Google Account, if necessary.
- Add friends from your Google Contacts or using their email addresses.
- Choose your privacy settings.
- Start sharing and updating your location from your phone.
What can I do?
- See if any of your friends are nearby to meet up.
- Find out if your spouse is at work or on the way home and can pick up some milk.
- Check if your friend is at work or home before calling.
- Follow along as a friend travels the world. [source]
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org