Thunderbird Version 5.0 Free Email Client Released
Thunderbird, the free email application from Mozilla, has just been updated to version 5.0 bringing more stability, speed and features to users. The update includes some new features, updated components under the hood, and a number of performance and stability improvements.
The latest version of Thunderbird includes more than 390 improvements and performance enhancements that make Thunderbird more responsive, faster to start up and easier to use. Thunderbird delivers several improvements to some favorite features such as RSS feeds, Attachment management, and Tabs which can now be reordered and dragged into a new window.
The latest version of Thunderbird has the following changes:
- Thunderbird is based on the new Mozilla Gecko 5 engine
- New Add-ons Manager
- Revised account creation wizard to improve email setup
- New Troubleshooting Information page
- Tabs can now be reordered and dragged to different windows
- Attachment sizes now displayed along with attachments
- Plugins can now be loaded in RSS feeds by default
- There are several theme fixes for Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Over 390 platform fixes that improve speed, performance, stability and security[source]
Email : email@example.com