The Battle for Wesnoth Tactical War Game – Download for Free
The Battle for Wesnoth is a turn-based tactical strategy game with a high fantasy theme.
Build up a great army, gradually turning raw recruits into hardened veterans. In later games, recall your toughest warriors and form a deadly host against whom none can stand! Choose units from a large pool of specialists, and hand-pick a force with the right strengths to fight well on different terrains against all manner of opposition.
Wesnoth has many different sagas waiting to be played out. Fight to regain the throne of Wesnoth, of which you are the legitimate heir step into the boots of a young officer sent to guard a not-so-sleepy frontier outpost lead a brutal quest to unite the orcish tribes vanquish a horde of undead warriors unleashed by a foul necromancer, who also happens to have taken your brother hostage guide a band of elvish survivors in an epic quest to find a new home get revenge on the orcs by utilising the foul art or necromancy.
200+ unit types. 16 races. 6 major factions. Hundreds of years of history. The world of Wesnoth is absolutely huge and limited only by your creativity – make your own custom units, compose your own maps, and write your own scenarios or even full-blown campaigns. You can also challenge up to 8 friends – or strangers – and fight in epic multi-player fantasy battles.
- Over 200 unit types in six major factions, all with distinctive abilities, weapons and spells.
- Experienced units gain powerful new abilities as they advance.
- Several multi-player options available, including internet play.
- Scores of different custom-designed maps, and unlimited random maps.
- Hundreds of campaign scenarios available for download via a simple in-game procedure.
- ‘Fog of war’ feature available for a true test of generalship.
- Sophisticated mark-up language lets advanced users make their own maps, factions or campaigns.
- Excellent language support – 35 different languages currently available.
- Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, RISC OS, BeOS, Solaris, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, DragonFly BSD, AmigaOS4, OS/2 & eComStation compatible.
Battle for Wesnoth is also available as a portable tool
With the Portableapps.com platform, you can run Battle for Wesnoth tool from USB flash drive, without needing to install the software in your computer.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org