RIM BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet and BlackBerry Tablet OS
Research In Motion, manufacturers’s of BlackBerry devices, has introduced BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and BlackBerry Tablet OS. BlackBerry PlayBook is designed to give uncompromised web browsing, multitasking and high performance multimedia. It is ultra portable and ultra thin – measuring less than half an inch thick and weighing less than a pound.
The BlackBerry PlayBook features a 1 GHz dual-core processor. The new BlackBerry Tablet OS which supports true symmetric multiprocessing. It has a vivid 7” high resolution display. The BlackBerry PlayBook support Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Adobe Mobile AIR and HTML-5.
It includes dual HD cameras for video capture and video conferencing that can both record HD video at the same time, and an HDMI-out port for presenting one’s creations on external displays. It offers rich stereo sound and a great media player.
It also possible to pair your tablet and smartphone using a secure Bluetooth connection, and view any of the email, calendar, tasks, documents and other content on their smartphone in the larger tablet display.
The Neutrino based microkernel architecture in the BlackBerry Tablet OS delivers exceptional performance and high scalability. The BlackBerry Tablet OS will also support Java enabling developers to easily bring their existing BlackBerry 6 Java applications to the BlackBerry Tablet OS environment.
Key Features and Specifications
- 7” LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support
- BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), supports 1080p HD video recording
- Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV
- Audio playback: MP3, AAC, WMA
- HDMI video output
- Wi-Fi – 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB, charging contacts
- Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Adobe Mobile AIR, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java
- Ultra thin and portable: 130mm x 193mm x 10mm, 400g
- The BlackBerry PlayBook is expected to be available in retail outlets and other channels in the United States in early 2011 with rollouts in other international markets beginning in Q2. The price is not yet announced and expected to be at the lower range of similar products.
Email : email@example.com