Pay LIC Premium using LIC of India Website Portal www.licindia.in via Payment Gateway
Online Payment Gateway is LIC’s initiative to provide on demand premium collection service within a fewclicks! The payment gateway (PG) initiative is an important component of the offer. It provides for real-time payment of renewal premium-dues through the portal. This functionality is available only to registered customers who have enrolled their policies on LIC’s website – www.licindia.in.
You can pay LIC premiums usingNet Banking accounts with any of the banks listed below.
Names of Banks For Premium Payment Through LIC Portal
- Bank of India
- Union Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- State Bank of India
- State Bank of Indore
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Axis Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Centurion Bank of Punjab
- Centurion Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- ABN AMRO Bank
- Kotak Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of Baroda – Retail NetBanking
- Bank of Baroda – Corporate NetBanking
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
- State Bank of Travancore
- CPN PNB (Corporate Net Banking)
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- Karnataka Bank Ltd.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- State Bank of Mysore
- Indian Overseas Bank
- YES Bank
- State Bank of Saurashtra
- City Union Bank
- South Indian Bank
- Premium can be Collected only for Inforce, Ordinary policies under all modes (YLY,HLY, QLY & MLY) . Premium for policies under Salary Savings Scheme(SSS) cannot be paid online.
- From April,2009 Premium can be collected for ULIP Policies also, however, presently premium for Health Insurance policies is not allowed.
- Premium can be collected from 6 months before from the Due Date and till the policy is in force, except for some term insurance policies. For some Term Insurance policies Within 15days only – plans 153- Anmol Jeevan,164-Anmol Jeevan-1, 177- Amulya Jeevan, 190 Amulya Jeevan.
- Late fee is computed @8%. Minimum late fee is Rs 5/-.
- Premium cannot be collected for Next Financial Year. Ex During March 2009 premium cannot be collected for April 2009.
Step-by-step guide regarding premium payment using this facility
- Policies are to be enrolled on LIC website after obtaining user-id. Enrollment must be with correct premium amount. Policies on the life of self only can be enrolled as date of birth mentioned in the policy is matched with the same in profile. If Dt of Birth does not match, the policies cannot be enrolled. For other family member’s policies, separate user-id should be obtained with their details mentioned in the profile.
- The policies are enrolled, list of policies where premium is due can be viewed by clicking on the link ‘Pay Premium Online’.
- Policies for which premium is desired to be paid are selected by clicking in the selection box.
- After confirming the total payment, Dialog box appears with message cautioning the policy holder not to make the payment again if already tried to pay earlier without checking the bank account. Next screen will appear after clicking at “ok”.
- Bank is to be selected from the drop-down list.
- Browser takes to the Bank site, from where the policy holder can make the payment using his bank user-id and password.
- The premium receipt for the payment through Portal/Payment Gateway can be printed online and will also be e-mailed to the Policy Holder at the same time. Simultaneously successful/unsuccessful transaction message will be flashed.
- Bank balance must be verified after the transaction is complete.
- If the premium amount is debited from the PH’s Bank Account but error page displayed it may be due to session timed out or network error. In such case a digitally signed receipt will be sent to his profile email id in three working days after receiving the confirmation from his Bank. The premium receipt will also be available under his user-id at Customer Services :View Pay Premium Online – Receipts .
- The digital receipt received for online payment is to be validated, till then “invalid signature” message will appear on the reciept. Procedure for the validation is
given on URL http://www.licindia.com/e_receipt_verification.htm. The certificate can be downloaded by clicking here and is to be added to trust settings as trusted root, after which the signature will appear as ‘valid signature’. This is a one time process. Receipt is valid without signature validation also
- Policy holder must check the bank account before trying for the second payment for the same due. If bank account is debited they are requested not to attempt for second payment.
- If the amount is excess due to double payment, same is refunded to the service provider Bill Desk, who in turn refund the same to the respective bank to credit the customers account directly.
- The updation of premium in real time.
- This is a simple process with one time enrollment of the policies.
- Premium can be paid anytime and anywhere. Most convenient method of payment if the policy holder is out of country.
- Valid premium receipt is received instantly.
- It is also a secure arrangement, as the policy data is not shared between LIC and Banks over net as only the amount to be paid is encrypted and transported. The login id at both the sites (LIC and Bank) is known only to the policy holder..
- And above all there is no charge for the policy holder to avail this service. [source]
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of paying your LIC premiums through net-banking/phone-banking?
You as our policy holder:-
- Can decide and authorize payments 24hrs a day * 7days a week because of anywhere & anytime access to internet.
- Can make premium payment within the comforts of your home or office, and avoid personal visit to LIC branch
- Will save time by not waiting in queues for making the payment.
- Can avail the free service from LIC, as you don’t have to pay any charges to LIC or its authorized agencies for this additional benefit.
- Can choose the bank account you want to pay from.
- Can decide the date on which you want your account to be debited.
- Can also view your premium dues and other policy details
Which policies are eligible for payment of premiums thru this facility?
Premium can be paid only for In Force policies.
All modes are allowed for premium payment.
Now Premium for ULIP policies excluding Health Insurance policies can be paid.
What are the features of Online Premium Payment?
The Payment and updation of master happen in real time. Digitally signed receipts issued immediately.
What is the difference between Online Premium Payment and Bill Pay Payment Modes?
Under Bill Pay (EBPP) policy holder registers through the bank/vendor and LIC accepts the registration. Demand invoice is sent and payment is received through the vendors. The payment can be made through net banking, phone banking, credit card, ATM or any other mode. Receipts are printed and sent by post. Under online premium payment, payment is made only through net-banking account through licindia website. Credit Card Payment is not available. Online, digitally signed receipt is issued instantly.
I tried to make the payment but I got error page. I did not get any receipt though my Bank account was debited.
If your account is debited and the receipt is not generated it may be due to session timed out or link failure. For such cases the receipt is generated offline and is sent to the email-id as mentioned in the profile. The receipt will also be available in the browser and can be viewed through option “view pay premium online receipt”. This may take 3-4 working days time as the amount is received at our end after 2-3 days.
When the premium can be paid?
Premium can be paid 6 months before the due date to till the policy is in force. Last premium before maturity under Qly & MLY mode cannot be paid online.
How & by what time will my policies get updated and reflect the latest premium payment position on the PORTAL?
Normallyu updation happens in real time, it may take some time is payment is made outside office hours or on non-working daysMay take 3-4 days if transaction was not successful due to session timed out or any other reason.
What is the acknowledgement given for payments made?
Online digital receipt is generated instantly.
What is an e-receipt? Whether it is valid for Income tax purpose?
E-receipt is online, digitally signed receipt and is valid for IT purpose.
Do I get any other receipt by post?
No other receipt is sent by post for online payments.
What are the charges to be paid for availing this facility?
- This facility is absolutely free for the policyholders of LIC.
- LIC has agreements with the authorized banks/service providers wherein LIC will pay a mutually agreed charge per transaction on monthly basis. Customer will not be charged for availing this payment facility.
What is a digital signature? How to verify the digital signature?
- Digital Signature is an encrypted code through a special software. it is a technical process and is not like an act of handwritten signature where a signer always makes a similar mark (signs) on the document in a distinctive manner. Digital signature provides authenticity, integrity and non repudiation to electronic documents
- The viewer needs to perform a one-time activity of explicitly adding the Trusted Roots on his/her computer. Once the Trusted Roots are added, the viewer can validate any Digitally Signed document. This can be done in the following 3 simple steps Install Root Certification (One-time) This is a one-time activity that the user must perform on his/her computer, to install the Root Certificate on the computer that he/she will use to Validate LIC e-Receipts.
- Enable Windows Trust for Verification (One-time) – This is a one-time activity that the user must perform on his/her computer, to integrate Adobe Reader with Windows Certificate Store.
- Validate the LIC e-Receipt – The viewer will verify all the Digitally Signed e-Receipts that he/she receives from LIC.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org