Notion Ink Adam – Indian Tablet, Expected Price in India Rs 15000
Exactly an year ago, we reported Notion Ink’s Adam Smartpad. It is expected to launch in India in January 2011. The US launch is expected at the CES (Consumer Electronics Show) on 6 January 2011.
Adam Tablet is a tablet computer currently under development by Notion Ink of India. The Adam will run a customized version of the Android operating system. The Adam is set to be the first device marketed to contain Pixel Qi’s low-power, dual-mode display. The device is one of several tablet form-factor devices launching in 2010 to include a dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor that can support 1080p video output. Notion Ink later reported that they would offer a range of Adam tablets.
From 9th December onwards, limited number of devices where available for Pre-order .
The Notion Ink Tablet will feature both the Pixel Qi Transflective liquid crystal display in one version and a regular LCD in another.
- Adam Model with Backlit LCD and Wifi costs $375.33 (~ Rs 16890)
- Another model with Backlit LCD, Wifi + 3G costs $425.33 (~ Rs 19140)
- Model with Pixel Qi LCD and Wifi costs $499.45 (~ Rs 22475)
- Adam model with Pixel Qi LCD and Wifi +3G costs $549.99 (~ Rs 24750)
With the price in USD ranging from $375 to $ 550, it is expected to be sold in India for less than 15,ooo Indian Rupees.
Its frame is crafted from aircraft-grade magnesium and aluminium alloys, making it incredibly light yet strong. Adam’s 3.2MP auto-focus swivel camera allows you to rotate the device in whichever direction you want. It always keeps your subject in its line of sight.
Adam comes with:
- OpenGL: It works better on NVidia’s Tegra than on anything else in this space – because of their expertise on graphics, their implementation on the built-in GPU of the Tegra 250 SoC is exhaustive and highly accelerated. OpenSL support is something which will come as an update soon.
- SIP/VOIP: Implementations of SIP and VOIP already exist. With the newly announced official support, programmers can port much more confidently to the Adam.
- Multi-touch keyboard: Adam comes 2 special keyboard designs, both of which are multi-touch enabled. One is touch keyboard, eliminating the lines or space which exist between the keys. The other version is a split keyboard which you can use when you are holding your device with both your hands. Adam Tablet have quick access keys and all your keys can have 2 functions.
- Better Copy, cut and paste. This already existed since long in the Office environment, and the native implementation is also there.
- Android 2.3 comes with Kernel version 2.6.35. The Panel system allows for 100s of panel instances, which are views within views (independent windows on-screen). When you’ll install any native application, you will get the feel and UI of the new Android.
- Browser : The browser is multi-touch enabled and you get this menu when you do a “2-finger drag-up”. This is also the icon set which will come on Adam
- Mail’d : Mail’d works in sync with your calendar (which allows you to sync with Google, etc) Facebook application and Contacts Manager. It also allows you to add multiple account, with full HTML rendering, attachments, call back email, send password protected emails, etc.
- Thickness: ~14 mm
- Width: 191 mm
- Length: 269 mm
- Weight: ~1.6 pounds
System on Chip
- NVIDIA Tegra 250
- Dual Core Cortex A-9
- ULP GPU
- 1GB DDR2 RAM
- 1GB SLC
- 8+ GB Flash
- Micro-SD Card support
Power & Battery
- Universal Charger
- 3 cell 24.6Whr battery
- 10.1″ WSVGA (1024 x 600)
- Optional Pixel Qi display: Transmissive, transflective, and reflective modes
- Matte finish
- Anti glare coating
- Scratch resistant
- Finger print resistant
- 3.2 MP Auto Focus Swivel Camera
- WLAN – 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- WWAN – 3G HSPA
- Stereo loudspeakers
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Built in microphone
- USB 2.0 Host x 2
- Mini USB
- Micro SD slot
- SIM Card slot
- DC connector
- 3-Axis accelerometer
- Ambient light sensor
- Digital Compass
Email : email@example.com