Nokia N950 Handset for MeeGo Platform Developers
Nokia N950, the slide-out QWERTY keyboard bearing handset was announced recently at the Nokia Connection Event 2011 in Singapore.
The device will feature a slightly bigger 4.0″ TFT LCD display, a 1 GHz processor with 1GB of RAM and the physical slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
Nokia has planned to make this a developers-only handset, which means that the N950 will be produced in limited numbers and will not be available commercially. The whole intention of this handset is to aid MeeGo developers in improving the new platform.
Since this is a developers-only device, too much emphasis won’t be paid on the looks of the handset. The QWERTY keyboard is said to help the developers build the software more efficiently and effectively.
Developers will be provided with the Nokia N9 immediately so that they can work on it and patch up flaws found in the operating system if any, before the device is launched.
Nokia N950 phone uses same hardware components as the Nokia N9 phone with the following exceptions:
- N950 is physically larger and is made out of aluminum, whereas N9 has a polycarbonate unibody.
- N950 has a physical slide-out QWERTY keyboard. The N9 is a touchscreen-only device.
- N950 has a 4.0″ TFT LCD display whereas N9 has 3.9″ AMOLED display.
- N950 has a different physical camera module than N9. Both camera modules have very similar image quality (Carl Zeiss branding in N9) and both modules support 8.0 MP image mode.
- N950 supports Bluetooth version 2.1+EDR, whereas N9 supports version 4.0
- N950 does not have support for NFC
- N950 has 1320mAh battery, the N9 has 1450mAh battery
Email : email@example.com