Mobile Subscriber Base in India Crosses 791.38 million
According to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), the number of mobile subscribers in India rose to 791.38 million in February 2011, with the addition of 20.2 million connections.
With this, the total number of telephone subscriber base touched 826.25 million. Overall teledensity in India reached 69.29.
However, of the total 791.38 million subscribers in February, only 562.98 million subscribers were active subscribers on the date of peak visitor location register (VLR).
- Vodafone added 3.56 million users to take its subscriber base to 130.92 million users.
- Reliance Communications followed next with an addition of added 3.3 million new subscribers, taking its subscriber base to 132.18 million.
- Airtel added 3.2 million subscribers to take its total number of customers to 159 million.
- Idea Cellular added 2.51 million subscribers, increasing its subscribers count to 86.8 million.
- Uninor added 1.27 million subscribers to have 21.57 million subscribers.
Email : email@example.com