How to Change Mobile Network Operator Without Changing Mobile Number?
Follow the steps below to change your mobile network service provider to another without changing your mobile number, using Mobile Number Portability.
- Type PORT Your 10-Digit Mobile Number and send to 1900 from your mobile number.
- You will receive an SMS with the UPC (Unique Porting Code) from your current service provider, instantaneously.
- Go to the nearest customer service center of the new service provider you would like to change to.
- Apply in the prescribed application form. Fill the UPC in the application code.
- You need to have an identity proof and address proof as required by the mobile carrier for new sign-ups.
- Porting has to be completed within seven working days.
- The porting charge is Rs. 19, to be paid to the mobile provider.
- Post-paid subscribers have to make sure that their last bill has been paid.
- For pre-paid subscribers, any balance amount left will not be carried forward when the number is transferred to the new service provider.
- After porting, you will have to wait for at least 90 days before you can change your operator again.