Google Chrome Instant – Shows Search Result As You Type In The Addressbar
The Instant feature can help you search and browse faster on the web by showing search results and webpages in the browser window as you type in the address bar, even before you press Enter. If you don’t see the results you want, just keep typing and the results dynamically update.
Enable or disable Instant
Turn on Instant in the Options dialog.
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux; Settings on Chrome OS).
- Click the Basics tab.
- In the “Search” section, use the “Enable Instant for faster searching and browsing” checkbox to enable or disable the Instant feature.
How to use Instant
- Start typing in the address bar. If you know the web address for the page you’re trying to reach, start typing it in the address bar. You can also enter search terms in the address bar.
- See pages and search results in the window. As you type, items from your browsing and search history that match what you’re typing show up in a menu below the address bar. If you’re using a prediction service for the address bar, popular sites and searches that might be similar to what you’re typing also appear.With Instant enabled, the browser automatically loads the first match from the menu in the window.
- If it’s a web address, the page appears instantly.
- If it’s a search term, results from your default search engine appear.
The match appears in gray within the address bar itself to let you know what web address or search results are being shown. If you want to see results for only the text you’ve typed, just press Enter while the matched text is still in gray. (If you press Enter after the text changes to blue, you’ll get results for the matched item instead.)
- Type more, see more. If you keep typing in the address bar, the content in the window dynamically changes to match the first prediction for what you’ve typed. See what you’re looking for in the address bar menu? Just click it with your mouse. You can also use your keyboard’s arrow keys to scroll through the list of menu items and preview the results that would appear for each item.
Don’t see any dynamic results?
There are several reasons why you might not see dynamic results, even if Instant is enabled:
- Connection speed: If you’re on a particularly slow Internet connection or network, you won’t see dynamic results since google chrome want to make sure that your browsing and search experience is as fast as possible.
- Certain searches: Certain types of searches that may be inappropriate will not trigger results to appear automatically.
- Incognito windows: Instant is not available in this mode.[source]
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org