Executor – Search for the Programs Through Start-Menu
Executor is a multi purpose launcher and a more advanced and customizable version of windows runs. It searches for the programs very fast through in windows start-menu, and it optimize your daily work flow. You can set a simple alarm, timer, and stop-watch (with optional alert sound). Pressing enter with no valid input will launch first suggested item. Be able to grab text from hidden launched console applications and display text in input or in multi-lined text.
- Keywords have properties like shortcuts, and you can for example drag-drop a shortcut/file/folder/favorite to add it as a keyword.
- Auto-completion for keywords, file system and history (can also be configured).
- Url detection, Enter URLs directly (like www.google.com, mail.google.com, google.com or http://www.google.com).
- Keywords support parameters. Example “google latest executor” “wiki nirvana”.
- Besides keywords Executor can also optionally and dynamically add matching start-menu items, control panel items and other handy items to the drop-down/list.
- Ability to add your own paths to scan for user defined file extensions.
- Keyword “find [text]” for using Windows Instant Search (Vista/Win7) feature or Windows Desktop Search (WDS for XP etc.).
- Can add keyword integration with popular services like GMail, Twitter, GCal, RTM and many others (see forums for howto’s, tutorials and tips).
- Optional show icon for current keyword/input.
- Optional show drop-down box for current keyword/input (auto-completion).
- Optional drop-down box can be set to auto-open (like windows run) displaying auto-completion suggestions.
- Optional Vista like list displaying matching items.
- Layout can be customized. Set colors, font, dimensions, position, transparency and more.
- Skinable. Supporting alpha blending effects and free positioning of all elements.
- Each keyword can be assigned a hotkey, so Executor can also perform like many popular hotkey managers.
- Many settings to customize the program as you like.
- Can be launched from an user defined hotkey.
- One keyword or text input can start multiple keywords/urls/programs/documents/files etc. Example one keyword opens three websites and/or programs.
- Each keyword have properties like optional group (to organize into groups), customizable icon and other properties.
- A number of special commands (like for example pause and replace tag with parameter).
- Optional windows context-menu integration (as another way of easily adding new keywords).
- Optional show title for the current input.
- Can import keywords from windows start-menu.
- Can auto import keywords from an url on startup, so you can share keywords between different Executor installations (for example for cooperate use).
- Executor has a number settings on how you want it to find desired item(s). Text could “start with” or “contain text” (substring) or short form detection (for example typing ffox for firefox).
- All file-paths can be auto-completed (also when file-path is a parameter).
- Keywords to manipulate the current active window (center, resize to specific size, maximize width or height etc).
- Special keywords to list (and open) running applications, text previously copied to clipboard and recent documents. Can also strip formatting from clipboard text.
- Shortcut keys for faster navigation.
- Integrated calculator.
- Import/Export keywords (import can also import directly from an url rather than a file).
- Option to override windows run hotkey (Win-R).
- Optional sounds.
- Integrated Windows context-menu (for example when right-clicking list items).
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org