Download Free VPN Implementing Software – OpenVPN
OpenVPN is a free and open source software application that implements virtual private network (VPN) techniques for creating secure point-to-point or site-to-site connections in routed or bridged configurations and remote access facilities. It uses SSL/TLS security for encryption and is capable of traversing network address translators (NATs) and firewalls.
OpenVPN allows peers to authenticate each other using a pre-shared secret key, certificates, or username/password. When used in a multiclient-server configuration, it allows the server to release an authentication certificate for every client, using signature and Certificate authority. It uses the OpenSSL encryption library extensively, as well as the SSLv3/TLSv1 protocol, and contains many security and control features. It is sometimes used by computer gamers as a way of accessing LAN games over the internet.
Functions of OpenVPN
- configure a scalable, load-balanced VPN server farm using one or more machines which can handle thousands of dynamic connections from incoming VPN clients,
- use all of the encryption, authentication, and certification features of the OpenSSL library to protect your private network traffic as it transits the internet,
- use any cipher, key size, or HMAC digest (for datagram integrity checking) supported by the OpenSSL library,
- choose between static-key based conventional encryption or certificate-based public key encryption,
- use static, pre-shared keys or TLS-based dynamic key exchange,
- use real-time adaptive link compression and traffic-shaping to manage link bandwidth utilization,
- tunnel networks whose public endpoints are dynamic such as DHCP or dial-in clients,
- tunnel networks through connection-oriented stateful firewalls without having to use explicit firewall rules,
- tunnel networks over NAT,
- create secure ethernet bridges using virtual tap devices, and
- control OpenVPN using a GUI on Windows or Mac OS X.
Email : email@example.com