BSNL BlackBerry Internet Services and Blackberry Enterprise Solution
BSNL brings India’s first 3G enabled BlackBerry smartphone services to its customers that keeps mobile professionals connected to people and information while on the go. It provides users with wireless access to a full suite of business applications including Email, Organizer & PIM functions (Contacts, Calendar, Memos), Phone, SMS, Web Browsing, Attachment viewing and Robust partner and solution ecosystem applications.
The BlackBerry Platform supports a number of Email systems and customer usage models. Blackberry on BSNL mobile will be supported for BlackBerry Enterprise Solution (BES) and Blackberry Internet Solution (BIS).
BSNL offers Blackberry services for its mobile customers. All the existing mobile subscribers can avail Blackberry services on existing mobile connection by asking for Blackberry Services. New subscribers can avail Blackberry services by filling Application form for mobile connection requesting for Blackberry services along with mobile connection.
Blackberry Internet Services (BIS) from BSNL
BlackBerry Internet Service provides individuals, retail customers or Small Business organizations quick, easy wireless access to communications and information—with no server software or IT support required. It provides faster email access on go, attachment viewing, instant messaging.
BlackBerry Internet Service comes with every BlackBerry device that can be activated with a suitable BSNL’s BIS Data Plan. It is the easiest and the most affordable way for individuals or small businesses to start using BlackBerry devices.
BlackBerry push mail technology empowers to send and receive email effortlessly because messages are automatically pushed to your device without pulling the message from mailing server.
Blackberry Internet Services Features
- Multiple E-mail Account Integration: BIS helps accessing upto 10 email accounts like Gmail™, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, AOL Mail, Rediff, Indiatimess etc alongwith an optional BlackBerry email address i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Push Delivery Technology: E-mail messages delivered automatically on BlackBerry Smartphone with instant notification.
- Personal/Web-Based Email Access: Convenience of automatic, push delivery and mailbox synchronization with the most popular Internet-based email accounts on BSNL BlackBerry phone.
- Instant Message: Optimized for BlackBerry Smartphones with availability status, Contact access and management, notification, Emoticons etc. Yahoo Messenger and Google Talk.
- PIM (Personal Information Management): helps organised with calendar, address book, task and memo pad information, contacts.
- View attachments: No need to wait for computer to open attachments. JPEG, Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft, PowerPoint attachment supported.
- Helps import address book from your existing desktop organiser software to your BlackBerry device.
- Powerful camera.
- Easy to set and get started; no complicated set up process.
- Download Ringtones, video and audio files.
Blackberry Enterprise Solution (BES) from BSNL
BlackBerry Enterprise Solution supports availability of Corporate / Enterprise email through Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino and Novell GroupWise messaging system which are generally hosted by the customer.
BlackBerry Enterprise Solution provides a complete wireless platform to extend the benefits of Enterprise messaging, collaboration environment, other tools to mobile professionals. The BlackBerry Enterprise Solution provides push-based access to Enterprise/Corporate email; calendar, contacts, tasks and notes; instant messaging; web-based applications and services and enterprise applications.
BlackBerry Enterprise Solution consists of Blackberry Enterprise Server, Messaging platform like Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino, Novel Groupwise etc., and BlackBerry Devices.
Blackberry Enterprise Server
BlackBerry Enterprise Server is an important component of the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution. BES acts as the centralized link between wireless devices, enterprise applications and Wireless networks. It is designed to meet the needs of enterprise and government organizations. It provides a proven, secure, open architecture for globally extending wireless communications and corporate data to mobile users.
- Advanced Security Features – BlackBerry Enterprise Server delivers end-to-end Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) or Triple Data Encryption Standard (Triple DES) encryption. It helps ensure the confidentiality and integrity of wirelessly transmitted information.
- Simplified Deployment and Management – BlackBerry Enterprise Server helps increase IT productivity and reduce administrative overhead by enabling centralized control and management, including role- and group-based administration capabilities.
- Applications – BlackBerry Enterprise Server is the leading wireless platform for wireless email, Personal Information Management (PIM), Instant Messaging (IM) and other corporate data. As corporate customer access non-email content while in the field, BlackBerry Enterprise Server is proven in delivering more than email to mobile users.
- Cost savings – Leverage existing investments in applications and infrastructure to maximize your investment and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
Email : email@example.com