Amazon.com’s Hot Holiday Bestsellers and 2009 Holiday Facts
According to Amazon press release, the most popular wireless device sold in Amazon.om during 2009 was Nokia 5800 XpressMusic unlocked version ($270), followed by Plantronics 510 Bluetooth Headset and BlackBerry Bold 9700 Phone (AT&T).
The Kindle eBook Reader is the most gifted item in Amazon’s history. During this Christmas Day, customers purchased more Kindle books than physical books. Barnes & Noble’s Nook, Sony’s e-reader line up and upcoming Plastic Logic’s Que reader are Amazon’s potential competitors.
The most popular tech items sold this holiday season were the 8GB iPod Touch. The Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board was one of the most popular video game items.
Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition for Windows and Mac were two of the most popular software items along with Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.
On Amazon’s peak day, Dec. 14, 2009, customers ordered over 9.5 million items worldwide, which is a record-breaking 110 items per second.
Amazon Worldwide 2009 Holiday Facts
- Amazon shipped to over 178 countries.
- On the peak day this season, Amazon’s worldwide fulfillment network shipped over 7 million units.
- Amazon shipped more than 99 percent of orders in time to meet holiday deadlines worldwide.
Amazon.com 2009 Holiday Facts
- Amazon customers purchased enough fruit cake to equal the weight of a 1967 Volkswagen Bug.
- If all the computers customers purchased this holiday were stacked one on top of the other, they would be more than twice as high as Mt. Everest.
- For the holiday time period alone, Amazon customers purchased enough shoot-and-share camcorders to supply 50 years’ worth of non-stop YouTube watching.
- Amazon customers bought enough Levi’s jeans to clothe everyone at the opening ceremony of the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver.
- Amazon customers purchased so many Blu-ray disc players that if you lined them up side to side, they would stretch for more than 27 miles.
- During the 2009 holiday season, Amazon customers bought enough 8 GB iPod touches to play 442 years of continuous music.
- In 2009, Amazon customers purchased enough heart rate monitor watches to put one on the wrist of everyone who finished the New York City marathons in 2008 and 2009.
Amazon.com’s Hot Holiday Bestsellers (Nov. 15 through Dec. 19, based on units ordered):
- Electronics: Kindle Wireless Reading Device; Apple iPod touch 8 GB; and Garmin nuvi 260W 4.3-inch GPS
- Video Games and Hardware: Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board; New Super Mario Bros; and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- DVD: “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince;” “Star Trek;” and “Up”
- Books: “Going Rogue” by Sarah Palin; “The Lost Symbol” by Dan Brown; and “The Help” by Kathryn Stockett
- Music: “I Dreamed A Dream” by Susan Boyle; “My Christmas” by Andrea Bocelli; and “Crazy Love” by Michael Bublé
- Software: Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007; Adobe Photoshop Elements 8; and Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Home & Student Edition
- Wireless: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Unlocked Phone; Plantronics 510 Bluetooth Headset; and BlackBerry Bold 9700 Phone (AT&T)
Email : email@example.com