Airtel 3G Tariff Plans and Data Browsing Charges in Detail
Airtel launched 3G services in Karnataka. Users will be able to download content at speeds up to 21 megabytes per second.
To activate 3G service on Airtel, subscribers need to send the message “3G” to 121 or call 12134. After the confirmation by the subscriber, “Pay As You Go” 3G data plan will be activated. All data access will be charged at 30 paise per 20 KB. Airtel does not provide any unlimited tariff plans.
The 3G service plans can be divided into Time-based and Flexi-shield plans.
Time-based plans for occasional users is available in the range of Rs. 10 (10MB for a day), Rs. 45 () and Rs. 60 recharge coupons. Medium Users have options of Rs. 200, Rs. 450 and Rs. 750 recharge plans with 30 day validity.
The Flexi-shield plan is aimed at heavy data users. Monthly rental is Rs. 650. Users get 1.25 GB FREE data usage for a month, and 10 paise per MB is charged after the limit till 14GB usage.
|plan type||MRP||free data||validity||Data Browsing charges|
|Sachet Plan||Rs.9||10MB||1 day||Post expiry of free data usage, browsing charges as per 2G charges (30p/20kb) will apply|
|Sachet Plan||Rs.60||65MB||3 day|
|Standard Plan||Rs.103||100MB||30 days|
|Standard Plan||Rs.200||250MB||30 days|
|Standard Plan||Rs.450||600MB||30 days|
|Standard Plan||Rs.750||2GB||30 days|
|FlexiShield Plan||Rs.675||1.25GB||After 1.25GB, VBC of 1p/100KB upto a max shield (amount) of Rs 2000. Post hitting the shield value, enjoy free unlimited browsing at 20kbps speed, validity 30 days.|
|Volume Based Charging Plans|
|3G Value Plan -Prepaid||Rs.13||0||20 days||15p/20kb|
|Value Plan -Postpaid||Rs.20||0||30 days||15p/20kb|
|Pay as you go||0||0||-||30p/20kb|
|Video Call||5p/sec , valid on Local, STD & Roaming [source]|
salient features of the flexishield plan:
*Provides you flexibility to start from a lower rent and pay as per usage, instead of committing a higher rent upfront. When your total data bill reaches Rs. 2000, you can continue using data absolutely free, though at a reduced speed of 20 kbps.
Since maximum data bill is capped, hence it shields you against a Bill Shock
Terms & Conditions
- You will not need to change your airtel SIM card to enjoy airtel 3G services
- You will require a 3G enabled handset/USB internet modem & airtel 3G network to enjoy airtel 3G services – we recommend you to go for a HSPA device, to truly enjoy the power of airtel 3G
- All plans applicable on prepaid. Only Standard & FlexiShield plans are available on postpaid
- Video Calls on ISD & international roaming not allowed
- Roaming on 3G only on airtel 3G network
- Free MBs in 3g data packs not applicable while roaming. Browsing charges of 30p/20kb will apply
- Daily packs will lapse on day of recharge
- You cannot recharge a data pack with another data pack till previous balance is above 50MB
- On recharge with new data pack (when balance less than 50MB)/ change in plan, earlier data balance will be forfeited
- Actual Internet speed would depend on multiple factors like time of day, number of simultaneous users & web pages accessed etc
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org